Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Challenge Begins

I have the dream of a bakery inside my head. I have a lot of wonderul ideas that I would love to translate into cake, but the execution is never what I had hoped. In order to step away from mediocrity, I am taking a page from the movie, Julie & Julia, where a woman cooks her way through a famous chef's cookbook.

I am going to decorate my way through a cakebook.

Whose book was I going to choose? Collette? Sylvia? I headed to my local Barnes & Noble to scope out some titles. The selection on the shelf was slim, sadly, but luckily I found the book I was looking for: Confetti Cakes by Elisa Strauss. Her style is simple, clean, and flawless, exactly perfect for my taste. It contains 42 different cookies, cupcakes, mini cakes, and tiered cakes that are sure to give me a run for my money.

I will keep a blog about my adventures in this challenge. I will push my limits with fondant and gumpaste and hopefully emerge a more experienced, weathered decorator, ready to take the ideas out of my head and put them in sugar, where they belong.

1 comment:

  1. Saw your post on CC and LOVE this idea! I can't wait to see your creations!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete